Kountze Memorial Lutheran

(402) 341-7761

1881 | Rev. George F. Stelling

Under Rev. Stelling’s (1881-1884) leadership, the first church is sold for $16,000 to developers of the Millard Hotel. A new church lot is purchased near 16th and Harney. The congregation rents the Boyd Opera House on 15th and Farnam for Sunday services for two years until the basement of the second building is complete.